Two issues when running custom tool on tt file

Apr 5, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Both have to do with system.xml  Seems L2ST4.ttinclude can't find it.  But it is there.

Here is the error I get

Error    1    Compiling transformation: The type 'System.Xml.IXmlLineInfo' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.    d:\Projects\VideoRaffle\Applications\VideoRaffleSystem\1.xx.xxx\1.00.xxx\1.00.001\Source\VideoRaffleCaller\Database\L2ST4.ttinclude    105    9 

And

Error    2    Compiling transformation: The type 'System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.    d:\Projects\VideoRaffle\Applications\VideoRaffleSystem\1.xx.xxx\1.00.xxx\1.00.001\Source\VideoRaffleCaller\Database\L2ST4.ttinclude    105    9 

Any idea's?

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM

You probably already fixed this, but if anyone else stumbles upon this issue,
You probably forgot to add one of these lines to your T4 script:

<#@ assembly Name="System.dll" #>
<#@ assembly Name="System.Core.dll" #>
<#@ assembly Name="System.Xml.Linq.dll" #>
<#@ import namespace="System" #>
<#@ import namespace="System.Xml" #>
<#@ import namespace="System.Xml.Linq" #>

Best regards,

Freek Bos
The Netherlands

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Unfortunately I never resolved this and I have the issue again. It appears my gac or something is all messed up.  If I reference the System.Xml.dll by providing a full path in the .ttinclude file I do not get these errors anymore....but I still get all sorts of errors in the .ttinclude file.  Starting with Nullable<>.  Guessing that is the same issue, my GAC is all weird.